Read and follow the guidelines to safeguard your demat account
By September 30, 2023, eligible trading and demat account holders must either nominate or opt-out. Failure to do so will result in the demat account being inactive. SEBI recently extended the deadline to 30th September 2023.
3. Choose either to nominate or opt-out.
2. Enter your DP ID, Client ID, PAN, and the OTP received on your registered mobile number for your demat account.
1. Go to eservices.nsdl.com instademat-kyc-nomination login and click on it.
4. Use your AADHAAR to e-sign and enter the OTP received on your mobile number registered with AADHAAR.
1. Go to https://www.cdslindia.com/Bo/NominationLogin.aspx
2. Enter BO ID, PAN Card, and Date of Birth
3. Choose either to nominate or opt-out
4. Use your AADHAAR to e-sign and enter the OTP received on your mobile number registered with UIDAI (AADHAAR).
1. Nominations can only be made based on demat accounts and not on a security-wise basis.
2. If you want to appoint different nominees for different securities, it is advisable to maintain separate demat accounts.
3. By maintaining separate demat accounts, you can select the desired nominees for each account accordingly.
2. If two or three nominees are mentioned, it is necessary to specify the percentage for each nominee.
1. Currently, up to three nominations can be made for a single demat account.
3. This specifies the proportion in which different securities should be transferred in the event of the account holder's demise.
1. Demat account holders must provide nominee information on the account opening form.
3. If the nomination was not made during account opening or account holders wish to change their nominee later, they must fill out a Nomination form.
2. A maximum of three individuals can be listed as a nominee for a single demat account.
4. The Nomination form must be submitted to their DP.
It is important to add a nominee to your demat account as per SEBI guidelines and from a legacy point of view, too. In the event of the account holder’s demise, if a nominee is added, it will ensure that the securities are transferred to the desired person.